This class is suitable for children aged 10-16 years of age, either with or without pre-existing injuries and medical conditions, as physiotherapy knowledge and experience is used to adapt exercises appropriately where required. It is advisable to have a 1:1 session prior to starting the class to have time to discuss medical history and go through adaptations to exercises if you have concerns about whether your child will manage the class.
These 45 minute classes will be run with the aim of having a variety of benefits for children & teenagers:
- Improved mood (including helping with a reduction in the symptoms of mental health conditions such as depression & anxiety)
- Improved quality of sleep & sense of calm (can be helpful for those on the autistic spectrum)
- Improved confidence & self-esteem
- Improved cognitive performance (can help improve concentration & school test scores – can be helpful for those diagnosed with conditions such as ADHD)
- Improved strength, flexibility & muscle endurance (great cross training if participating in other sports, can be helpful for those with conditions such as hypermobility & JIA)
- Improved gut mobility & digestion (can be helpful for those with digestive issues)
- Is a positive outlet for energy
Watch House Farm
Essex SS15 4ER
Teens Pilates (10 – 16 years)
We are not currently running this class, but if you would like your child to attend in the future please email us at [email protected].